Finishing Touch Program
Social Etiquette Certification (Adults)
Etiquette is the fruit of manners and it deals directly with kindness, consideration, elegance, style and decorum. Here are some quick tips to start you on the road to social grace. Decorum, elegance, societal savoir-faire and a cosmopolitan view on the world uniquely distinguish you in all that you do. Success with Manners provides the highest quality etiquette, finishing school and lifestyle management programs to fit discerning individual desires. We offer a variety of dynamic, interactive sessions to polish your social, dining and communication skills.
This comprehensive social etiquette course is divided into 8 steps, from introductory table manners and dressing etiquette to more advanced social and business etiquette, finally studying international savoir-vivre.
Our services are designed to provide the highest structure of training and skills based learning in the tradition of the European and Continental Finishing School. We offer training, consultation and coaching services to those who want to enhance their interpersonal communication skills and personal effectiveness in business and social relationships. We make it accessible, contemporary and in a modular format. Training in business etiquette and manners should be part of standard training at every company. Understanding how to better deal with people is important in helping to conduct productive business. Companies that do international business will find that etiquette and manners are extremely important to companies all over the world.
A sample of the Finishing Touch Certification Modules:
- International Social Etiquette and General Behaviour
- Social Confidence and the Art of being a Refined Woman
- The Art of Entertaining & Being Entertained
- The Art of the Table
- Three/Six-Course Elegant Dining Tutorial Luncheon
- Posture, Poise and Deportment
- The Art of Communication, Elocution and Conversation
- Personal Image, Style & Society Dress Codes
- The Art and Etiquette of English Afternoon Tea
The Finishing Touch Certification Modules:
- International Social Etiquette and General Behaviour: As the ‘manner’ in which you say something is equally as important as ‘what’ you say, this module unveils the codes and nuances of the art of communication and effective voice, speech and elocution. Hone your skills to develop your personal presence by effectively making small talk, improving your presentation skills, becoming a more accomplished public speaker and developing the all-important skills required for verbal diplomacy. Uncover the nuances of British/Australian and Continental European social codes as well as International behaviour around the world. Master formal and informal introductions and forms of address whilst practicing the social skills of meeting, greeting and building rapport with cultural sensitivity. Unmask the differences between Australian social vs International business etiquette whilst discovering the secrets of handshakes, air kisses and other greetings along with the international notions of eye contact, body language, gestures and smiling.
- The Art of Entertaining & Being Entertained: For a light tête-à-tête for two or a grand State Banquet for 150, discover the attributes of sophisticated hosts and hostesses, as well as distinguished guest duties. Enhance confidence in compiling international menus and guest lists along with seating plans according to precedence. Master the do’s and do not’s of elegant and timeless correspondence and invitations. You will learn a full understanding of luxury Wines, wine pairing and cuisine.
- The Art of the Table: An exciting hands-on session where you will learn to set and manoeuvre a formal table setting, understand European table décor, comprehend the differences between English and French table manners and upgrade your international dining skills. Learn the protocol rules for international placement variations as well as usage of tricky utensils such as the escargot holder, fruit cutlery, coupes vs flutes, et cetera.
- Three-Course Elegant Dining Tutorial Luncheon (excluding program cost): You will master the complex techniques of refined dining from taking your seat to properly slicing the cheese, passing the Port and mastering the fruit course - with knife and fork...prepare to be amused. Special attention will be given to decoding the nuances of English vs French dining styles, as well as various do's and do not's around the globe.
- Posture, Poise and Deportment: Learn to project confidence, elegance and charismatic leadership through your movements by reinforcing proper posture and body language. You will discover tips and tactics for graceful standing, walking, sitting and gesturing as well as professional tips to add presence and style to your daily routine. Ladies will discover techniques for elegantly walking in high heels, descending a staircase and getting in and out of a car with grace. Gentlemen will fine tune their skills for properly escorting a lady, putting on and removing coats, et cetera.
- The Art of Communication, Elocution and Conversation: Learn how to be the master of making conversation, how to enter into conversation in networking and exit conversations politely. Remembering names and being remembered for the right reasons. Ease anxiety when meeting new people or connecting with business partners. We will teach you correct pronunciation and how to hold yourself with grace and confidence.
- Personal Image & Society Dress Codes: Learn how to distinguish style from fashion and add class to every wardrobe with extended knowledge into the details of being well-dressed. Gain insight into the codes of the understated elegance of English classics, and learn the secrets of successfully wearing French scarves. Construct an elegant appearance from morning tea to the ballroom and all of the society events in between.
- The Art and Etiquette of English Afternoon Tea: Afternoon Tea is a British institution, one bound with codes for the uninitiated, which once mastered, is highly enjoyable. Learn the differences between cream tea, afternoon tea, high tea and royal tea whilst gaining insight into the origins and traditions of teatime. This is a delightful hands-on tutorial including an elegant 4-course tea meal.
(Investment includes dynamic interactive etiquette lessons, expert instruction, tutorial meals where applicable, an illustrated workbook, refreshments, materials and a certificate of attendance).
- Social Etiquette Workshop for Young Woman 18-30 - Book Now! SYD * Register for Interest | Date: 17 & 18th May 11:00 - 16:00 | Location: Sofitel Sydney Wentworth 61-101 Phillip Street, Sydney, Australia NSW 2000
Please Contact Us for more information on upcoming dates and prices or to organise a private session enquiry today.